Monday, April 6, 2009

One of my Grandfather's bands

So my Aunt just recently gave me a picture of my Grandfather, Kenneth Jackson, with one of his bands from the 30's. He's the guy with the fiddle. I thought I would post it. I never got to know him because he passed away in April 1969, but I have a few pics and my Dad has some recordings Kenneth and his band made. My Grandmother has told me several stories of all the shows, barn dances and events she would go to with him, and I can't help but think how our musical lives are so similar. I just wonder sometimes what it would be like to sit down and talk about those days and maybe play a few songs together.
Anyways, I hope you enjoy a bit of my past. I'm gonna try and get those recordings transferred to a digital format. We'll see.


UPDATE:
The name of this band was Kenneth Jackson and the Prairie Night Owls. Just found out this info!

2 comments:

Basco said...

Wait, Brandon what band is this? I swear I have seen that picture before...

MJohnson said...

Wow, Brandon....what a connection with your past and your grandfather. You should have a talk with him and then write a song about it