Saturday, November 13, 2010

Acoustic Oklahoma

So last week my Director of Social Media/Publicist got in touch with me about a project called Acoustic Oklahoma. It's a simple project where a guy by the name of Casey Friedman records different Oklahoma Artists acoustic with a small video camera in a rustic old apartment atop the Horn Trader in Oklahoma City. A simple yet brilliant idea! If you haven't heard of it, check it out, it's awesome the number of talented singer songwriters there are in this state!
This past Wednesday I was able to meet up and record a song and though it was short, it was a great experience. I was very honored to be a part of this project. Here is the video from that session. I'm not sure exactly what is gonna come from this project, but it is something that has tremendous potential to shine a light on the many talented musicians this state still has to offer the world. Thanks Casey!

I wanna thank Katie Key for catching up with me this last week for the readers of Best in Texas Magazine and The Texas Music Chart. Here's the write up she had in her "Key Notes" section on the Texas Music Chart Website:

BIG SCREEN DEBUTS

My buddy Brandon Jackson (formerly with No Justice) sent me a note as to what’s going on with him and damn it’s cool!

“I have been very busy over the last year since I left No Justice. I have spent the time playing acoustic shows and putting together my first solo album. I just recently finished recording and am currently mixing the project. I'm really proud of it and am shooting for a release date sometime in February 2011. I will be putting a band together soon and get back out on the road full band to promote the CD.

Also, this summer I got a role in a film written and directed by Famke Janssen starring Milla Jovovich, Bill Pullman, Marcia Cross, and Rory Cochrane titled ‘Bringing Up Bobby.’ It was a blast getting to work with Milla and Rory and I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product. The film should be released sometime next year!” That is so cool!


Also, we are working on a new website in preparation for the new cd release. I will let ya know as the launch date gets closer. Thank you to all the fans for supporting my music and sharing it with everyone you know! I look forward to getting out on the road full band and seeing you all face to face and getting the cd in all of your hands!

No comments: