Monday, January 24, 2011

Farewell Dirty's

This past Saturday, Beki and I went out to Dirty's in Stillwater to celebrate their last night. It was fun but sad too. A lot a great memories at that place, not only just hanging out, but shows as well. Steve and I spent a few years playing Monday nights there, and I also played one of the first shows at Dirty's in August of 2004 with Stoney and Bleu. Mike Eli from Eli Young Band and I also played several acoustic shows together at Dirty's over the years. It was always a great time! So now, after 7 and half years of playing Monday night acoustic shows starting at The Wormy Dog in Stillwater, to Roosters, and finally at Dirty's, it will be a bit strange to not have a Monday night show anymore. I think I'll enjoy the break, concentrate on the full band stuff coming up, and start cutting down on the acoustic shows once the CD is released.
Saturday night was fun, and it was good to see people and past Dirty's employees I hadn't seen in a while. Dirty's went out right with a full house of friends and strong drinks! I'm sad to see it end.

B

No comments: